Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) is partnering with our client, a well-known nonprofit organization in San Francisco, CA to find their next Finance & Operations Manager. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity! Our client offers an exceptional work culture, a positive work environment, and a mission you will love!
The Finance & Operations Manager reports directly to the Executive Director. The person in this position will maximize administration efficiency in all business matters, including Human Resources and Building Maintenance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide direct supervision to Finance Assistant
- Oversight, review, and approval of all check requests
- Provide regular reports of income and expenses to Executive Director
- Oversight of all AP/AR
- Responsible for annual budget and analysis of actual as compared to budget figure
- Conduct monthly budget review meetings with budget managers to ensure adherence to established goals and/or problem solve to adjust to changing environment.
- Responsible for payroll journal re-allocation to account for government contracts and other activities for fund department accuracy
- Responsible for audit preparation on specific schedules and response
- Establish effective internal controls to protect the organization’s resources including cash, GIK (gifts in kind), inventory, and purchases
- Maintain petty cash for purchases of time-sensitive supplies. Reconcile on monthly basis to ensure proper handling
CONTRACT/ GRANT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- Assist Director with preparation of city, state and all federal government contracts
- Monitor appropriate program for each new contract / grant when proposed
- Create, implement, and administer all systems and procedures necessary to monitor and audit contract requirements
- Create and maintain detailed tracking "Contract / Grant Log" to ensure that all deadlines are met for invoicing, reports, reviews, and audits
- Attend all required grant training sessions
- Supervise the invoicing and collection of payment as it relates to fulfillment of grants and contracts
- Ensure timely submissions of all invoices, journals, reports
- Ensure timely accurate payments and preparation of the annual federal grant reports
- Oversee facilities department, including maintenance, janitorial and security aspects
- Administer Safety program including committee, procedures, and insurance
- Work with team to ensure welcome desk staff and procedures serve each program’s needs
- Assist bid process and selection of appropriate vendors
- Collaborate with appropriate program director to process approvals, payments and oversight of work
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing or Business Administration
- 5+ years in business administration or accounting positions
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Background in fund accounting procedures
- Experience with nonprofit business administration
- City of San Francisco and federal and state government contracts experience
- CA Driver license and ability to complete the organization’s driver training program
- Experience and ability to facilitate special projects; work with diverse communities; strong verbal and written skills; ability to analyze and interpret fiscal and operational data
- Must have excellent computer skills and be very proficient in all business applications
- Experience in supervision highly desired
· Competitive annual salary starting at $85K+ (DOE)
· Amazing insurance including medical, vision, and dental for employees
· 403b retirement plan
· Pension plan with employer contribution
· 20 days of PTO
· 10 paid holidays
· Serve as an organizational leader
· Incredible organization and staff
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration please reply to this posting with your CV/resume. We look forward to contacting potential-match applicants.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Scion Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California and nationwide.
Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com or in the 2010-2020 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applications with arrest and conviction records.