Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com
) has been engaged to conduct a search for a Resident Services Coordinator on behalf of our client, a well-known organization in San Francisco, CA.
The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for providing support services to the senior adults in accordance with the organization’s mission, core values, and customer service philosophy. This position helps to support the residents stability and well-being by providing compassionate services!
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively support and facilitate wellness programs that meet the needs of each resident
- Work cooperatively with housing manager or agency director in an advisory or facilitative capacity to address the needs of residents
- Communicate with community healthcare professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses, and state agencies on the care needs of residents as needed
- Participate in the community’s resident assessment program in accordance with company policy and state regulations
- Support the residents in retaining housing through building rapport, frequent engagement, and effective intervention strategies
- Based on the residents need, refer the residents to appropriate services and support the residents in successful follow-through in connecting to those services
- Maintain current and thorough documentation and database records of the resident's contact and services provided
- Maintain all of the resident's case management files, including file creation, ongoing maintenance of files, and archival of files
- Respond to the resident's crises, including providing de-escalation intervention and support to highly agitated tenants
- Collaborate with the organization’s departments and outside providers to support and advocate for the residents
- Respond to all phone messages, the resident requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner
- Maintain confidentiality of the resident records and concerns
- Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have a minimum of three years of recent experience in a social services capacity
- Case management and outreach experience preferred
- Knowledge of San Francisco resources for homeless and formerly homeless individuals
- Resourceful in providing appropriate resources to residents
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain organized case files for a caseload of 100 residents
- Must have the ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence
- Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Must have a strong working knowledge of mental health and substance abuse issues
- Must understand the harm reduction model in a supportive housing context
- Must have an ability to read, understand and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions
- Must be able to read, communicate orally and write English
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks and reference checks
- Experience working in a non-profit or public sector strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Sociology, Gerontology or Psychology or related field required
- Demonstrates professional behavior that is consistent with the organization’s mission, core values, and a customer service philosophy
- Adapts well to change and remains professional, respectful, and composed always
- Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust
- Exercises good judgment in using and keeping information regarding clients and co-workers and adheres to the organization’s confidentiality policy
- Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member
- Follows instructions completely and asks for help and guidance from supervisors when needed
- Has good time management skills and is punctual to work meetings and events
- Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively
This is a contract opportunity which allows you to work with an amazing team while earning a starting hourly pay rate of $22+ / hour (DOE).
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in Word or Pdf format via https://www.scionstaffing.com/job/7374
! We look forward to contacting potential-match applicants.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Scion Staffing is a national award-winning staffing firm. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com,
or in the 2010-2019 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applications with arrest and conviction records.