Special Events Manager
||Walnut, CA 91789
||June 27, 2023
|Scion Staffing has been engaged to conduct a search for a Special Events Manager for immediate hire for our client, a non-profit organization that aims to advance research and therapeutic development for Prader Willi Syndrome! This is a full-time, direct hire, remote opportunity. Our client is offering an incredible career opportunity to work hands-on with a passionate team!
- Conduct research, arrange site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities
- Research, review, secure, and manage contracts for event spaces, catering, rentals, and other event vendors
- Brainstorm ideas to promote events with the Events Committee
- Manage regular communication with staff, members, and outside vendors regarding events
- Create and track budgets for each event, and process vendor invoices
- Lead the logistics, planning, and coordination across departments for a variety of virtual and in-person events, including detailed programming and scripting
- Find and connect with potential sponsors and continue to build those relationships year-round
- Attend event planning meetings and present findings and new event ideas. Take notes as necessary
- Keep an accurate record of attendees, and send thank-you letters acknowledging their attendance
- Build and maintain relationships with key vendors
- Create marketing materials in Canva
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ of experience in event planning in a nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with ability to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to meet measurable goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and a capacity to write fluently and persuasively
- Proven ability to succeed in a collaborative, team oriented environment and develop effective working relationships with colleagues, volunteers, and others
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in MS Office and Canva
- Must be able to travel for multi-day events
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This exciting career opportunity allows you to work with a passionate and thriving team! The range for this role is $65K-75K DOE! This is a wonderful opportunity to work as a part of a terrific team!
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your background! Apply today to be considered for this amazing career opportunity with an incredible organization!
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM
Scion Staffing is a national award-winning staffing firm! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals with amazing career opportunities. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire recruiting, interim leadership placement, and temporary professional staffing. Our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a Clearly Rated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times. Additional information about us can also be found at www.scionstaffing.com. Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Staffing proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.